Just one week prior to the 2018 Shooting Hunting and Outdoor Trade Show (SHOT Show) Magpul announced the release of their new Pro 700 Chassis for the Remington 700 rifle. The Pro 700 appears to have addressed all of my criticism of the Hunter 700, although that stock continues to be an excellent value for the entry level precision rifle shooter. The question is, how will the market accept the Pro 700 at this price point in a saturated chassis market.
The highlights include:
- Ambidextrous bedding block (left or right-handed actions)
- Push button folding stock (reversible for left or right folder)
- Tool-less Length of Pull, Buttpad Height/Tilt and Comb Height Adjustment
- Molded, Adjustable for Sweep and Trigger Pull Length
- Large Trigger Guard for Glove Use
- QD Sling Mounting Points
- M-Lok Accessory Slots
- AICS Compatible Magazine Well
- Low-Profile Magazine Release
- Ambidextrous Thumb Shelf
- Length – 32.7” – 34.6” (23.5” when folded)
- Weight – 5.4 lbs
Magpul has set the MSRP at $999.95 and estimated availability in April 2018. Hopefully, we will have more information after we get our hands on the Pro 700 at the SHOT Show.